Breaking the Ice

Hello! My name is Suzy Leonard. I'm currently working as an administrative assistant in the Computer Science Department at IUPUI. It's been pretty weird on campus this week with very few students milling around! I live just a few miles south of campus. 

My working life has all been in the field of education, mostly in nontraditional roles. I have been an outdoor education facilitator, environmental education instructor, challenge course facilitator, classroom teacher, gymnastics coach, paraprofessional, and administrative assistant. It's been a few years, but still one of my favorite places to be is up in the trees sending people down a zip line. 

I'm enrolled as a Graduate Certificate student for IST. I'm taking it slow--only one class a semester. Once I take the GRE, I'll be able to switch over to the Masters program. I started this particular program because a B.S. in Education and an A.A.S in Visual Communication are not quite the right backgrounds to be an instructional designer. Ideally, I'd like to work in the visual design realm of developing instructional materials. 

My free time is often spent outdoors--mountain biking, hiking, backyard fires, and just working in my yard. I live with my very fluffy cat Chaco, who has recently discovered indoor cricket hunting. I also enjoy serving at my church, Southside RPC.  

This photo is on campus along the White River. You can just make out Lucas Oil off in the distance. 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week Seven

Week Three

Week Ten - Strategic Direction